Thursday, January 17, 2008

Human Birthday Song...Thank the Universe for Silly Friends

Forgive this self indulgent post:

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a joyous, yet odd, day for derivative birthday tunes.

My Mom got me first with verse one from the "Warner Brother's" classic--sung at way too many decibels for 6am.

Next, my "boss" (who doesn't even like me) came bursting into my office with a cacophonous version that lasted too long...aside from interrupting a conversation I was having with one of the tech guys. [That one was a little creepy.]

Then came the silent version via SMS (text message) from my daughter...leave it to teenagers to sing via tiny key stroke.

Later in the evening I got my most precious version from my Grandmother, who sang it like a lullaby with a giggle at the end.

By night fall came the crooner, the deep sensuous tones of my college glee club alumna of a brother. Sinatra could not have put more swoon in the tune....ahhhh.

Finally my favorite, from my oldest and bestest friend. He sang:

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
You Look Like a Human,
And You Act Like One Too!

I must have laughed for 20 minutes :-))))

It's the little silly things that make getting older a BLAST!

ok ok I guess you had to be there...LOL....

2 comments:

RubyShooZ said...

Belated Happy Birthday to you. I hope it was a beautiful birthday - despite your "boss" coming in and singing.

Peace today.

blue said...

rubyshooz,
Thanks.
Peace today & everyday!
And happy birthdays, both belated and forward, to you!